Don't see an opportunity with FMRP?
Below are additional current career opportunities available within our mutual insurance industry:
For more information on careers in the insurance industry, please visit the Insurance Institue's Career Connections website:
With uncompromising service and commitment, FMRP continues to strive for excellence at all levels. As a progressive and dynamic reinsurance organization, we believe that our continued success depends on our most valuable assets - our employees.
As an employee of FMRP, you will work from a state-of-the-art, environmentally "Green" facility located by the 401 in Cambridge. You will be part of an organization that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. Enjoy our fitness facility, outdoor walking path and other healthy living initiatives.
In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, a retirement plan and more. Our outstanding corporate culture is focused on people and the development of long-term relationships. We foster respect and recognition of the values of honesty, integrity and accountability, encouraging professionalism, education, leadership and trust.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently recruiting for the following:
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY & CASUALTY ANALYST
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have commercial underwriting experience and love sharing your knowledge with others? We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Commercial Underwriting Analyst within our Business Development Department..
How You'll Contribute
You will be responsible for a range of functions with respect to complex commercial underwriting. You will also serve as a resource to our Member Companies, using your expertise to guide and provide advice on primary risk exposures.
- Create new programs, including products, underwriting rules and guidelines, workflows, processes and system requirements;
- Identify emerging opportunities by monitoring the competitive environment and evaluating marketplace trends;
- Research, review and compare new product opportunities;
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to ensure effective, profitable product design with Member Company satisfaction;
- Provide guidance and assistance to Member Companies and partners on commercial business;
- Participate on projects and key initiatives utilizing effective project and change management strategies;
- Influence, diagnose and develop recommendations to solve complex coverage issues; and
- Act as subject matter expert and a key commercial resource across the Operations Division on projects and initiatives to provide coverage expertise where appropriate.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Seven (7) or more years of underwriting experience, with a minimum of five (5) years commercial underwriting
- A college diploma or an equivalent level of education is required, preferably in business, agriculture or a related discipline
- A professional certification such as the CIP or CRM is considered an asset
- Familiarity with policy wordings, policy drafting and pricing is considered an asset
- Property and casualty experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
How to Apply
Don't miss this opportunity to join our team. To apply, complete our Employment Application.
ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT (ECM) DEVELOPER
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? If you love a new challenge, have an interest in helping to improve business processes and want to use your Enterprise Content Management (ECM) knowledge and experience, then this role is for you!
We are implementing the Hyland Software OnBase Enterprise Content Management software suite to facilitate stronger information management and sharing as well as smarter business processes. As part of our Information Technology (IT) team, you will facilitate the implementation, ongoing development, administration and configuration support for this initiative.
How You'll Contribute
The primary focus of this position is to plan, design, develop, implement and support ongoing development and support of the OnBase ECM solution.
In this dynamic role, you will:
- Work with business users and the ECM development team to deliver business value and user adoption of ECM technologies
- Design, develop, and deploy OnBase solutions
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve OnBase software and infrastructure issues
- Work with business partners to analyze business requirements and build functional specifications, including but not limited to interface changes and process flows
- Plan for and test software updates, defects, and configuration changes
- Work closely with management and business partners to identify
- application development solutions,
- new or modified programs,
- reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or
- integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives
- Document, test, implement and provide on-going support for the OnBase applications
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Two years of experience supporting ECM solutions in either systems administration and/or development roles (required)
- Specialized knowledge with Enterprise Content Management applications; with OnBase and/or Kofax (Ascent) Capture strongly preferred
- Experience working with OnBase Workflow or other workflow products is strongly desired
- Knowledge of relational databases, such a Microsoft SQL Server, and with SQL/TSQL
- Proficiency with working with Microsoft IIS and Active Directory
How to Apply
Don't miss this opportunity to join our team. To apply, complete our Employment Application by Friday, September 30, 2016.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
FMRP's ten departments work together to provide our Member Companies with the best possible service and support. Our past and current employees have built exciting, challenging and progressive careers within the following areas:
Don't see an opportunity with FMRP? Check out our Mutual Career Opportunities section for careers within the Ontario Mutuals.